Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Good Health Natural Foods Barcelona Barbecue

This name is certainly a mouthful!  I can't actually tell which brand they are.  Avocado Oil chips?  Good Health?  I don't know.  But I'm intrigued!  My dad saw these at a natural type supermarket and picked up a bag for me.  Excellent!

First things first.  These were weirdly hard to open since the top bit is so thick.  Other than that, seems pretty standard.  Mild barbecue smell when you first open it, but that's about it.

But what do they taste like?
Pretty mild actually.  I can't really taste the barbecue flavor - maybe Barcelona doesn't have strong bbq?  I also don't know how the avocado oil factors in.  They don't taste all that different from regular kettle cooked chips.  They are a bit saltier than I'd expect - somehow I feel like the avocado oil would be less salty.


Even though they're mild... I do like 'em.  They're just not exactly what it says on the tin, as it were.  I'm not getting any sense of Barcelona (which is fine since I have no idea what that would mean), but there's really not much barbecue to speak of either.  There's something kinda smooth in the flavor... maybe that's the avocado oil?  They do seem to get saltier as I eat them, which is odd.

Would I get them again?  Yeah, probably, since they grew on me, but I wouldn't get them if I was hankerin for some barbecue chips.  You do get a BBQ flavor, but it's pretty mild - not as mild as the Lay's Honey BBQ, but I wouldn't necessarily eat these and think 'ah yes, barbecue'.

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment