Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Walkers Worcester Sauce

I'm a bit nervous about these Walkers Worcester Sauce chips, as I don't particularly like Worcester sauce.  But I am willing to give these a shot for chip tasting science!
The bag is purple, the chips are from the UK chip shop I sometimes go to.  They also smell a bit like ketchup.  Kinda tangy ketchup maybe?

But what do they taste like?
Salty and tangy and... not that bad!  I'm honestly kinda shocked.  They won't be my favorite chips, but I actually... like these.  Not a lot, mind you, but enough that I'll keep eating them.  Though... the more I eat them... the more I like them.  I know!  I'm as surprised as you are!  I forget what Worcester sauce tastes like, as I don't eat it often, but these... are... a little like BBQ sauce maybe?  But they're not!  It's like tangier BBQ sauce.  Maybe... it's a bit like salt and vinegar chips and also BBQ sauce?

Let the record show that I've happily polished off the whole bag.  I opened these up figuring I'd eat a few and give up on them, but no!  I'm still trying to properly define the flavor.  Okay - here's what it comes down to.  The flavor isn't super overpowering, but it's subtly delicious.  I don't know if it tastes like Worcester sauce (it might!), but I like it.  If anything, I'd almost prefer it to be a bit stronger. 

Does this mean I need to try Worcester sauce again?  Maybe!  Does it mean that I want to find and eat these chips again?  Absolutely.

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment