Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mike Sells Green Onion

Weirdly named, but hopefully delicious... I bought these in an airport in Ohio.  Apparently they're delicious and well known in the region (and possibly more places!  I don't know!), but I'd never heard of them.  Still... I am a big fan of sour cream and onion chips, so I can only hope green onion is equally delicious.  I don't usually eat green onions so... not sure what to expect here.

I kinda expected them to have ridges, but I'm not sure why.  They do not, in fact, have ridges.  They also don't have a lot of seasoning nibblies on them.  I hope they still have flavor!  Also, I dropped a bunch right before I started this review and I'm sad now.

But how do they taste?
Salty and onion-y.  I'd prefer they be stronger actually.  Well - that the onion be a little stronger cuz they mostly taste salty.  I like the flavor, but it just doesn't pack enough of a punch for me.  Where is the green onion?  It's kinda there, but it's also not there.  I like my chips to have a lot of flavor and these are just kinda lacking.  The taste that's there is good and I definitely like them, but I'd like them a lot better if there was less salt and more onion.
 

It might be kinda silly, but I wish these had more onion nibblies on them as well.  At first glance it seems like they're plain and some seasoning got on one or two by accident.  It don't know if the reason why they taste more like salt than onion, but there's no way to be sure.

To sum it up... these are good chips, but pretty uninteresting.  I'd get 'em again sure, because they' basically sour cream and onion with more salt than sour cream, but will I crave Mike Sells brand?  Probably not.

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment