Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sun Chips Sweet & Spicy BBQ



Let's be honest here.  French Onion Sun Chips are freaking delicious.  So delicious, in fact, that I kinda of forget there are other kinds of Sun Chips available for purchase.  Why would I ever purchase them when French Onion is RIGHT THERE?  No reason - that's why.  Well... unless it's a NEW flavor!  Exciting!  Will this trump the ever delicious french onion flavor?

I don't know, but I'm willing to find out.  For science!  For chips!  For glory!

But what do they taste like?
They're pretty good, but not really anything super special.  The thing that works well about the french onion flavor, I feel, is that it really compliments the multigrain taste of the Sun Chips.  The BBQ flavor, though?  Well - it's just not strong enough.  There's a hint of vinegar, and the tiniest bit of mouth burn, which, one supposes, is the 'spicy' half of sweet and spicy, but the I really mostly taste the base chip.

For BBQ flavor these really don't stand out from the pack for me.  They taste BBQ-y, sure, but it's not really what I expect from a BBQ chip.  What I'd like to see is a BBQ punch of deliciousness, not a multgrain flavor and oh also some BBQ I guess if you have time.  It's a pity, because the tiny hints of BBQ sauce flavor I get are pretty good.  Bit vinegar-y, tomato-y and spicy - it would taste pretty good... if I could TASTE it.  Where is it?  It's also kinda strange have BBQ and multigrain flavor - BBQ sauce isn't something I generally associate with many grains.  The pairing works, but it could be better.

If you really like plain Sun Chips, but feel they could use the tiniest of kicks then perhaps give these a try.  But if you're looking for a really solid BBQ chip, then you'd be better off elsewhere I think.

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment